- Counseled clients about force majeure clauses on both sides – both enforcing and breaking contracts due to coronavirus legal issues.
- Advised clients about coronavirus compliance based on reopening stores both in defiance of “orders” and clients working in “essential businesses” and “critical infrastructure.”
- Researching the new SBA Cares Bills and Paycheck Protection Program (PPP Loan) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), and assisted with application questions and preparation, resulting in clients successfully receiving funds.
- Revised complete package of funding agreements, provided by client that assists startups with business funding.
- Advised clients about risks of protesting and avoiding criminal fines and charges.
- Assisted business clients with retail about how to protect their business from risks of looting and burglary.
- Researched and informed clients about changes in employment laws and how to handle employees, including furloughs, layoffs, reduction of hours and pay.
- Advised Covid disinfecting company about compliance issues and drafted policies and vendor contracts.
- Helped client avoid paying Sublessor over $30,000 in owed rent due to the Coronavirus pandemic based on unforseeability and other legal arguments by assisting client with settling the matter.
- Helped client avoid paying $10,000 in allegedly owed school tuition due to Coronavirus pandemic by sending demand letter to cease and desist billing.
- Counseled business clients on mask and vaccine policies in dealing with workers.
- Advising clients about new California bill, “Calsavers,” and whether the client is exempted from
the requirement, and drafted updated policies and procedures to comply.
- Advised numerous clients on startup/new entity selection, including which entity (LLCs, series LLCs, C-Corps, S-Corps, limited partnerships, professional corporations, holding companies and more) and state selection, including assisted with the filing and drafting of entity documents, such as Bylaws, Operating Agreements (LLC Agreements), Term Sheets, Subscription Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, Stockholder Agreements, Private Placement Memorandum and Summary of Key Terms.
- Legal Advisor for a think tank and design-innovation incubator dedicated to exploring the nexus of architecture, neuroscience and gaming to build better futures for humanity.
- Structured and setup multi-state entity operation for franchising, including LLCs, and professional corporations and brought together team for tax advice implications; also drafted numerous operating agreements and other formation documents, qualified entities to do business and obtained fictitious business names (FBNs) and Doing Business As (DBAs).
- Conducted due diligence for both startups and investors and drafted consulting agreements and various contracts to evidence investments, both for pre-revenue startups and after business is profitable.
- Revised complete package of funding agreements, provided by client that assists startups with business funding.
- Revised operating agreement to better protect founder of a medical apparel business.
- Advised client about accredited investors and ways to achieve financing goals.
- Assessed an ownership purchase agreement and advised client about what the best structure should be.
- Reviewed and negotiated documents pertaining to an Advisory Board Member Opportunity for clients (as experts in their respective fields, including medical and technology), including the advisor agreement, equity incentive plan, stock option grant and related documents; furthermore, assisted client with clearing opportunity with current employer, one of the tech giants.
- Drafted convertible notes that had several contingencies, benefiting client.
- Counseled several clients about crowdfunding regulations, and drafted and negotiated crowdfunding marketing and content creation agreements.
- Formed specialized training school entity, advised about specialized insurance issues, advised about trademark issues with respect to name, and created all legal documents.
- Advised several clients about spousal consents in operating agreements.
- Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated broker and consulting agreements for startup
- Counseled numerous clients about business/trade name and trademark selection, protection, registration/filing.
- Assisting supplement, cosmetic, and medical device startups with Food and Drug Administration
(FDA) and state law compliance in reviewing proposed packaging, marketing and advertising,
website, and other verbiage for compliance regarding making claims, including indications and
implied disease claims.
- Researched and advised clients on 510(k) submissions to the FDA.
- Reviewed clients’ pitch decks for legal compliance and made introductions to potential
investors, including startup accelerators, VCs, angel investors, and incubators.
- Conducted and participated in corporate board meetings as general counsel and investor/owner/executive’s personal counsel, along with dealing with corporate governance issues and drafting and negotiating corporate documents, including bylaws, shareholder and stock agreements and minutes.
- Assisted a New York hedge fund with expansion to California through lease negotiation, advising on employment laws and obtaining local licenses and business permits.
clients, across a variety of industries.
- Advising clients about insurance coverage and policies to facilitate transactions.
- Drafted/revised/negotiated numerous client/customer/service/sales/vendor agreements for clients’ businesses.
- Negotiated a software agreement, which was provided by an international company for a client providing data analytics.
- Provided Cannabis and CBD legal research for manufacturers and investors.
- Assisted several clients with obtaining funds and rights in loans that were in default by the other party.
- Reviewed terms of educational accreditation student agreement.
- Reviewed entity documents for ways to expel a member from an entity and conducted legal research, in anticipation of a business divorce and assisting with the separation.
- Created simple corporate documents for sole shareholder, officer and director.
- Reviewed commercial loan documents and helped client negotiate and understand risks, including advising client on how to put pressure on banks to get the deal done in a timelier fashion.
- Assisted client with transferring loan documents between entities.
- Drafted a bill of sale for the purchase of a luxury car for a client.
- Drafted a consulting agreement for a wine consultant.
- Assisted numerous clients with revising their operating agreements by creating amended and restated operating agreements to better reflect rights, obligations or equity interests.
- Represented manager of an LLC and negotiated term sheet, operating agreement and grant agreement.
- Drafted and negotiated financial documents, including promissory notes, security agreements,
and other loan documents.
- Composed many pre-formation potential venture documents, such as letters of intent and memorandums of understanding (MOU).
- Drafted and negotiated proxy agreement on behalf of business executives of a chicken farm.
- Prepared white label purchase and sale contracts for various companies, such as apparel and beauty products.
- Assisted businesses with dissolution and advised the owners about all the issues that can come up, including governmental filings, creditors, contractors, employees, assets and regulatory matters.
- Advised client about best practices for presenting to business partner an opportunity to trade shares of two different business entities.
- Reviewing numerous agreements and advising clients about how to amend, restate or use addendums to make changes after contract has already been executed and parties have performed, and drafting those amendments, addenda, and restatements.
- Assisted client with entity conversions when accountants form the wrong entities, such as converting a CA LP to an LLC or an LLC to a Corporation.
- Drafted and revised Bylaws and advised on IRS regulations for several non-profits.
- Formed new entities for clients to assist with asset protection and reducing tax exposure. Further, managing multiple entities’ legal compliance through creating calendaring systems, organizational charts, and filing state and city compliance reports.
- Advised and assisted clients with entity conversion and redomestication concerns.
- Advised clients about “review gating” legal risks and assisted with managing online reputation.
- Represent professional training school in preparation of forms, releases, policies and procedures
for attendees of workshops/seminars, the teachers/trainees, and the models on which the
teachers demonstrate their techniques.
- Reviewed and negotiated Key Opinion Leader (KOL) agreement.
- Represented guests in negotiating yacht rental/charter agreements for their vacations.
- Advised client on best way to structure an investment and how to conduct due diligence, rather
than taking out money from 401K.
- Drafted and negotiated numerous website and mobile application development agreements,
along with technology connection, streaming videos, credit card processing, and ecommerce
components, including NFTs.
- Drafted and negotiated numerous marketing, cobranding, referral, partnership, and advertising
agreements for clients.
- Counsel to international virtual assistant company in drafting client service agreement, along
with collaborating with Philippine lawyers to create agreements with the company and their
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lead attorney on several business acquisitions, including, technology/digital media entities, real estate, medical practices, surgery centers, restaurants, shopping centers, clinical labs, retail shops, and other commercial properties.
- Conducted due diligence and helped numerous clients with assessing potential business acquisitions.
- Revised and negotiated asset purchase agreements for the sale of a health and wellness franchise, a digital media empire and marketing companies.
- Advised client about business opportunity issues in terms of acquisitions through their legal entity and the requirement of notifying business partners (as set forth in the operating agreement).
- Assisted clients with large-scale acquisitions of millions of dollars in medical equipment, through drafting, reviewing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, escrow instructions, including facilitating deal between buyer, seller and middlemen, and provided paymaster services.
- Represented client in lease negotiation and new construction on creating a surgery center in a commercial office space, with expenses shared by the landlord.
- Co-counseled with securities attorney in creating private placement memorandums (PPMs), unit exchange agreements, financing checklist, and subscription agreement.
- Instructed client, who was the buyer, how to handle issues that arose after acquiring a medical practice and worked out disputes that arose with seller.
- Represented seller of business with lease assignment and purchase agreement.
- Advised client how to merge two entertainment network businesses by transferring and assigning assets, contracts, and creating organizational documents with complicated equity structures.
- Represented the seller of a book of business in the insurance industry, in conducting due
diligence on the buyer, coordinating with the insurance administrator, setting up the escrow
account, and acting as escrow agent, until the successful sale of the business, which took around
- Negotiating severance benefits for employees to increase benefits.
- Assisted client with dealing with a difficult employee and answering many California law questions, including on moonlighting.
- Drafted and negotiated employee’s offer letters, employment agreements and separation and releases.
- Advised client on how to deal with the CA Employment Development Department’s (EDD) letters and matters.
- Advising clients about new California’s new labor laws: the AB5 employee v. independent contractor rules, and amended and revised worker agreements, along with researching alternatives.
- Researching various state child labor law issues for models in the entertainment industry and advised clients.
- Drafted numerous agreements for workers, including offer letter, employment agreements, employee handbook, independent contractor agreements, fellowship agreements, releases and other employment documents.
- Drafted holiday party and event policies, waivers, and releases to protect employers.
- Counseled clients on the differences between exempt vs. non-exempt employees and how to prepare agreements, and pay in accordance with onerous California laws.
- Represented clients in having to terminate employees on the spot, including meeting with the employee on the client’s behalf, or advising from afar, and answering labor law questions concerning final paycheck and how to get company equipment returned.
- Advised clients on setting up and implementing both independent contractor and employee incentive plans.
- Led company’s sexual harassment investigation and resulting employee termination, including
dealing with the terminated employee’s retained counsel, resulting in a successful transition.
- Represented several physician-employees in their resignation/departure from a medical practice
and assisted them with maintaining their right to continue their physician-patient relationship in
a smooth manner with their former employers.
- Counseled clients on how to deal with employee resignations using separation and release
agreements and severance pay, while recovering and protecting important company
documents, devices, and data.
- General Counsel for a multi-state medical spa, including advising on corporate governance issues, forming new entities, healthcare regulatory compliance, drafting agreements, advising on transactions, intellectual property, advertising and employment law issues.
- Structured many medical spas, both the professional medical corporation for the physician(s), along with the contracted management services organizations, including entity formation, drafting the management services agreement, medical director agreement, license agreement, business associate agreement and other medical practice and corporate documents, not only in California, but with co-counsel, in other states, including, Nevada, Arizona, New York, Florida, and Texas.
- Negotiated numerous partnership agreements, including a physician partnership agreement, while advising the client about Stark/Anti-kickback laws.
- Negotiated a clinical study agreement for a physician, along with corresponding billing arrangement.
- Advised physician client about the issues with becoming the medical director for a medical spa, while also counsel for medical spas and able to seal the deal with physicians to become medical directors for the medical entities entering into management services agreements with medical spa (management services organizations).
- Assisted plastic surgeon with partnering up with an aesthetician by putting proper agreements in place.
- Composed memo about risks and legality of a medical device.
- Assisting physician with HIPAA and Power of Attorney issue with medical record issue.
- Assisted numerous physicians with whether to apply for, applying for, and obtaining fictitious name permit applications from the Medical Board and Osteopathic Board.
- Conducted research for Medical Spa regarding a possible complaint made to medical board.
- Drafted and negotiated medical device sale, lease and usage agreements.
- Prepared sales agreements including the purchase agreement, purchase order and receipt of delivery for client’s health, wellness and beauty products.
- Assisted clients with hospital and surgical facility incident reports and responses.
- Assisted complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) providers (including, chiropractors, acupuncturists, homeopaths, naturopathic doctors and more) on practice issues, including startup legal services, leases/shared space agreements, intakes and consents, claims on websites, regulatory questions, contractor/employment agreements, and patient issues.
- Counseled primary care healthcare management company on how to deal with a physician who was attempting to weasel out of the management service agreement and assisted with resolving the issue.
- Counseling numerous clients on California laws as they relate to legal payment structures between management companies and physicians/professional corporations.
- Assisted nurse client with research and placement of a medical director and facilitated their negotiation of the terms of the deal, while composing final medical director agreement.
- Instructed client how to setup a medical device leasing service in California.
- Represented client in becoming a medical director of a medical spa and partnering with a registered nurse, and assisted with all documents necessary to form a new professional medical corporation, including shareholders and medical directorship agreement.
- Drafted numerous HIPAA compliant documents for various clients, including business associate agreements, privacy policies and patient consents.
- Advised clients about HIPAA rules related to encrypted communications and compliance with HITECH, including when dealing with chargebacks and patient disputes.
- Composed numerous consulting agreements for healthcare professionals, including drug rehabilitation facilities, medical spas and imaging centers.
- Drafted and negotiated term sheet as well as resulting management services agreement for the practice of clinical laboratory pathology services, which provided toxicology testing for drug/medication screening.
- Researched oral procedure scope of practice issue for Doctor of Osteopathy.
- Worked with co-counsel to resolve medical board complaints and investigations of managers, physicians and others appearing on medical spa website regarding corporate practice of medicine issues.
- Advised dentists and potential affiliates about limitations on medical spa ventures.
- Advised clients about good faith exam requirements.
- Assisted drug rehab consultant with services contract and insurance coverage issues.
- Structured and setup agreements between three entities to provide services, space and apportioning fees and payments in a legally compliant fashion between a professional medical corporation, rehabilitation facility and management services organization.
- Advised client about Medicare surgery center rules regarding physician ownership.
- Advising physicians about supervision and delegation issues as they relate to staff, such as medical assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other allied health professionals, in California and Nevada (with the assistance of co-counsel).
- Reviewing standardized procedures and protocols for clients, along with delegation of services
agreement, AKA “practice agreement.”
- Counseled clients about proper titles and roles in medical vs. MSO entities
- Advising clients about medical record ownership and requirements upon death and acquisitions
- Researching various state laws about compliance issues for physicians, physician assistants, and nurses in terms of remote practice, telehealth, and demonstrating procedures at training schools.
- Drafted refund agreements, comped service agreements, barter/trade agreements and other
creative agreements for patients.
- Collaborated with medical malpractice lawyers, arbitration administrators, and professional
liability insurers to revamp the standard, generic one-page physician-patient arbitration
agreement into a comprehensive but succinct three-page arbitration agreement for medical
- Advised clients on proper patient termination and handled the resulting termination
correspondence with hostile patients.
- Drafted supervision agreement between physician and naturopathic doctor, and advised about
supervising naturopathic doctor.
- Advised client about structuring Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient
Program (IOP) with psychiatrist as the supervisor of the services.
- Counsel to Vitamin-IV infusion clinics through advising about supervision issues, including
paramedics and other compliance matters, along drafting requisite patient forms.
- Counseled nurse-injector client on canceling a fictitious name permit with one practice and
forming new practice with almost the same name and obtaining new fictitious name permit in
Real Estate Law
- Assisted many clients with commercial lease, shared space and sublease negotiation for retail and office space.
- Advised and assisted with the acquisition of property, using a 1031 exchange, to be held in a holding company.
- Advised client about PPM as it related to a real estate development fund and project and co-counseled with securities counsel.
- General counsel services for design-build company, building LEED certified modular homes, dealing with new construction and design contracts.
- Drafted and negotiated home design client contract for several interior designers’ and architects’ professional services companies.
- Reviewed and revised general contractor’s remodeling agreement.
- Advised clients about differences between subleases, permitted use agreements, and shared space agreements, including pros and cons, and how to determine the best for their particular situation.
- Advised client about dealing with water damage problems and dealing with landlord, HOA, neighbors, and insurance companies.
- Responding to and drafting demand letters concerning payment issues on real estate matters.
- Advised clients about commercial lease and loan applications.
- Reviewed and negotiated listing agreements.
- Contacting Department of Building and Safety on behalf of tenant client to report and handle
unsafe and hazardous conditions at site, along with handling matter with landlord and
- Drafted option for a screenplay and advised about other ways to monetize creative endeavors through joint venture agreements and other legal means.
- Negotiated shopping agreement for client to monetize screenplay.
- Assisted songwriter with copyright and other intellectual property protection.
- Production counsel and drafted co-producer agreement and other documents for a documentary film production.
- Co-counseled with a music law specialist on a music producer agreement for a client.
- Revised and punched up scripts, books, articles, treatments, synopsis and other writings in media/entertainment.
- Pitched numerous scripts, books, articles for publishing, production and other entertainment deals, along with negotiating options and other related agreements.
- Advised numerous marketing, digital media and social media consultants about false and misleading advertising, the Federal Trade Commission and revised or drafted their client agreements.
- Drafted numerous influencer agreements for both the influencer and the brands.
- Drafted mother agency agreement for model agency.
- Drafted numerous collaboration agreements for writers to collaborate to create books, articles, scripts, screenplays and more.
- Also, drafted simple writer agreements as independent contractor and employee agreements.
- Revised contract for multi-million-dollar sponsorship deal to protect clients from intrusive practices by the contracting party and ensure commissions are properly earned.
- Negotiated endorsement agreement on behalf of professional athlete with international Chinese company, along with licensing agreement.
- Worked out management contracts and talent agent agreement deals on behalf of talent ensuring more balanced rights for the talent.
- Created Talent Discovery Letter and agreement for management and talent agencies.
- Drafted and negotiated Purchase Agreements for both buyers and sellers of films.
- Drafting and negotiating Production Service Agreements.
- Advising clients about negotiating and exiting Film Distribution Agreements.
- Answering client questions about film guaranties.
- Assisted clients with shopping and pitching books and scripts for films, shorts, television series and other entertainment projects.
- Drafted several film purchase agreements for clients.
- Redlined and negotiated reality-tv show release for client wanting to appear as a guest on the tv
show, with success in obtaining most requested changes.
- Production counsel to films and television shows, including drafting and negotiating the
production services agreements, executive producer agreements, and talent agreements.
- Obtained word and design trademarks, advised about licenses and patent protection for clients in various industries, including, medical device, food & beverage, cosmetics and dietary supplements.
- Enforced license rights for a designer through a demand letter and legal correspondence.
- Sending out various Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) take-down requests on behalf of
clients to infringers.
- Assisted with the take-down of revenge porn through DMCA take-down demand letters.
- Responded to copyright infringement DMCA take-down demand letter and negotiated license deal.
- Drafted technology Service as a Software (SAAS) licensing deals and client agreements, along
with reviewing and redlining related sales quote and documents.
Dispute Resolution (across an array of industries)
- Resolved multi-million-dollar personal dispute that involved negligence, concealment/ misrepresentation, sexual battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and domestic violence.
- Settled case for a healthcare client who was sued by one of the nation’s largest retailers involving breach of contract and insurance claims, for only a fraction of the amount of the claim, including legal costs.
- Obtained a settlement on behalf of a physician inventor- investor in a million-dollar contract for a technology business, without having to file a complaint or submit to ADR.
- Resolved various employment and partnership disputes on both sides of the table, through representing business owners/employers, employees and independent contractors.
- Assisted numerous clients with the expedited collection of unpaid invoices and fees, through demand letters and legal correspondence.
- Championed the removal of a defamatory Yelp review and other negative online reviews and libelous reports off of various review websites and news resources.
- Resolved personal dispute involving ex-fiancés, along with helping them unwind their joint ventures and assist client with separation from business involvement.
- Hired by client to deal with a negative Yelp review by a patient, which was immediately removed after one call with the patient.
- Took a separation and release and turned it into a simple letter and email confirmation, while advising clients of risks of not utilizing a longer agreement.
- Assisted with breach of contract matter that enabled client to enforce the terms and recover several months of revenue generated from a Patreon account.
- Mediated issues between business partners to facilitate professional relations and enforce fiduciary duties.
- Assisted with the separation of business partners (AKA business divorce), when the company had no buy-sell clause and facilitated the transfer of equity back to the company and memorialized the business deal.
- Reviewed litigation matter with client when client’s business was sued and advised client about risks, options and assisted with preventing a dispute with the business and the client’s business partner.
- Represented talent agency in disputes with numerous models over compensation, intellectual property, performance issues, breach of contract, and other legal and business issues, including personality conflicts.
- Sending numerous cease and desist letters over copyright and trademark infringement, and other intellectual property infringement issues, while gaining removal.
- Drafting and negotiated several signed tolling agreements to obtain more time to work out negotiations during various conflicts for clients.
- Assisted business clients’ with personal disputes with moving companies, storage facilities and utility issues.
- Advised client about legal issues with opposing counsel and conflict of interest issues.
- Worked to smooth out tensions between a business’ founder and a disgruntled investor.
- Resolved dispute between founders of a cannabis company over whether CEO was exercising best business judgment or breaching fiduciary duties.
- Represented several physicians and med spas in patient disputes when patients , defame physicians online (or threaten), through either convincing the patient to remove the defamation or smoothing relations to prevent defamatory and negative reviews.
- Represented numerous physicians in patient disputes when patients demand refunds or allege botched surgeries and procedures by settling matters with settlement and release agreements and refund agreements.
- Represented a physician when the patient secretly recorded the consult without consent and convinced patient to agree to delete any recordings and prevent any defamatory online reviews.
- Represented clients dealing with Reddit and OnlyFans infringement issues.
- Drafted and served Notice of Breaches in contract disputes to facilitate other party in curing ay breaches, perform and meet contractual obligations.
- Assisted client with receiving proper distribution from LLC by crafting persuasive demand letter to the LLC’s CEO.
- Assisted clients with obtaining insurance settlement for water damage caused by neighbor from both neighbors and insurance companies
- Assisted client with obtaining insurance settlement for property damage from vehicle.
- Assisted drug rehab consultant with getting paid for services rendered in negotiating contract and resolving dispute.
- Advised clients about risks with breaking commercial leases, including assisting with mitigating damages by drafting permitted use agreement and working with the landlord to meet clients’ needs.
- Assisted client with resolving a realtor dispute by settling matter and getting client out of an exclusive listing agreement.
- Assisted marketing company with resolving several disputes with affiliates involving payment schemes tied to affiliate marketing campaigns.
- Resolved dispute with a medical advisor to a startup medical device company by explaining the deferred compensation aspect and going over the legal documents, saving the startup from having to pay $7500 to the physician to shoot a crowdfunding video.
- Represented exiting physician from a hospital group, contracted as both an employee and independent contractor, both of which included payment/wage theft disputes, accounting errors and potential PAGA claims, while smoothing out relations and facilitating a replacement affiliate relationship.
- Referral to litigation defense counsel, and managing outside litigation counsel on discrimination and website accessibility claims.
- Counseling client about property management company dispute and how to resolve.
- Advised client about options when dealing with fraudulent company purchases.
- Represented physician in dispute with a patient, where the patient sexually harassed my client, the physician.
- Represented sports marketing and sponsorship consultant client on multimillion dollar breach of contract issue, including negotiating new terms of a replacement contract and ensuring client was paid appropriately the almost-six figures that were owed.
- Responding to and serving Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Take-Down requests and complaints.
- Assisted business clients with resolving personal relationship disputes involving exes, friends, lovers, and family members.
- Advised clients about restraining orders for disputes with customers, neighbors, former business partners and personal relationships.
- Represented client against a cyberstalker to assist with regaining social media pages back.
- Drafted many,Notice of Breaches, Notice of Terminations, Notice of Rescissions, and cancellation and rejection of contracts, contract terms and other legal documents on behalf of clients.
- Secured expert witness and drafted expert witness’ services agreement.
- Advocated for client who was subject to unfair business practices over improper discounts to competitors for tools and products.
- Represented minority shareholder to gain proper access to rightfully inspect books and records of business entities per Delaware and California corporate/LLC codes.
- Assisted clients and retained litigation attorney with reviewing and revising
complaints/answers/cross-complaints, discovery, motions, and other court documents.
- Investigated medical device malfunction for physician client through interviewing staff,
reviewing manuals, and advising client on recommended course of action.
- Represented nurse in separation from medical director, while forming new medical practice
with a new medical director.
- Assisted several clients with terminating an agreement without a termination clause, well
before the end of the term.
- Represented talent agency in dispute with model, and enforced terms of contract, such that
client retained ownership, digital publicity rights and funds generated.
- Advised client about factoring agreement and challenge in getting out of these types of loan
- Successfully enforced client’s intellectual property rights (right to name and likeness) in forcing a
competitor to cease and desist using client’s name in key words searches (false advertising),
which had resulted in confusion and lost profits.
- Conducted legal research and drafted policies for the Federal Judicial Center in Washington, D.C.
- Drafted language for proposed federal statutes, after researching public policy.
International Law / Referrals / General Counsel Services
- Assisted clients with contracts and deals while utilizing overseas and international counsel in Canada, Australia, the Ukraine, England, France and more.
- Referrals to lawyers around the world, including, Canada, Australia, the UK, France, Spain and more.
- Overseeing and managing outside counsel, including auditing legal bills, negotiating reductions in fees and resolving fee disputes with clients’ previous lawyers.
- Reduced or eliminated many outside counsel/vendor/consultant/etc. bills and invoices for excessive fees or over-billing, for both clients and as in-house counsel for several companies.
- Co-counsel and referrals to attorneys in states outside of California when clients have interstate or multi-jurisdictional matters, including, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Washington state, Ohio, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, Georgia and more.
- Partner of Aliant, LLP, an International Law Firm with locations and attorneys in Argentina, Brazil, Cypress, Finland, France, Hungary, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Nigeria, China and Lebanon.
- Referrals to litigation and trial lawyers, patent lawyers, intellectual property specialists who handle trademark office actions, family law matters, personal injury, creditor and debtor bankruptcy issues, workers compensation cases, tax and securities attorneys, and more.
* If you are looking for verdict/settlement/monetary amounts that our firm has assisted clients with recovering or saving, please see our FAQs tab, for the question: How much money have you recovered or helped your clients’ save?